Over at Galnet MIUI they have some juicy news and bits and pieces for us all. Bringing us the Galnet MIUI ICS experimental builds for the Ice Cream Sandwich framework that’s being brought into MIUI. It’s exciting stuff and they now support 18 devices as well.
The following devices are supported:
- Samsung Galaxy S II
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
- Samsung Galaxy Vibrant
- HTC Desire S
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC HD2
- HTC Desire Z
- HTC Desire
- Motorola Defy
- Motorola Milestone
- LG Optimus 2x
- Xiaomi Millet Phone
- Droid Incredible
They are not true Ice Cream Sandwich builds of course as we have no source yet to dabble with, but they are additions from the ICS framework underneath the MIUI on top we all know and love. Here below is what Galnet MIUI had to say themselves.
Galnet MIUI ICS is our experimental builds for the Ice Cream Sandwich framework being introduced into MIUI. These builds don’t look any different, however they do come with some of the ICS benefits such as power management and ram management.
- Improved Signal Strength over all supported devices
- Fixes to prevent "No Service Bug" on certain I9100 handsets
- Added a script to flash K14 modem on I9100
- Correct management of 3G and 2G selections ( Error being on certain models that it wouldn’t work previously )
- Correct management of ICS framework requirements
- Fixed occasions where Android Process would crash (required reboot to resolve)
- Power management fully implemented from ICS
- Repair to Sensor management in Debug mode
- Improved 3D support throughout rom (All Devices)
- Correct issues where lockscreen clock would randomly freeze (Defy)
- Improved camera response (Shutter) speeds
If you would like to check it out and download the custom rom for your device then use this link below.