A little over a month ago Nvidia released, Gefore Experience, a gaming optimization tool, but it was as a closed beta. Thousands of gamers downloaded the application and helped shape it ready for everyone. It is now released for all you gamers out there in an open beta stage.
The software uses hardware detection and a clever proprietary cloud database to find and set the best drivers and graphics settings for the game you’re running. Basically optimize each game the best way you can with the best drivers and settings for the job. With GeForce Experience, NVIDIA aims to optimize games accordingly to a users PC hardware.
Facing lag or choppy performance on a supported game and use an Nvidia GPU? Then give this utility a whirl. When launched the GeForce Experience tool will scan your system hardware and gather data and scans for games installed. After that has been done, it then sends the data to it’s cloud database, which gets a list of optimized settings for your selected game and gives you the option to apply those optimized settings with one simple click.
Go into the game and see for yourself how that particular supported game now runs. Better? I found it to work well actually on a few games I have that it supports. Some things maybe disabled that you usually apply, but then it’s meant to be optimized for a laggy free and with the best performance.
With Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad CPU support added (older generation CPUs and GeForce hardware), higher resolution added, bug fixes and improvements throughout. Below is the full list of changes.
GeForce Experience 1.0.1 Release Notes
- Expanded game support, including FarCry 3, Mechwarrior Online, and Hawken. GFE now support 41 titles.
- Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad CPU support in most games. More to come.
- Dramatically improved game detection logic/
- Added optimal playable settings for 2560 x 1440 displays.
- Improved translations for Chinese, Danish, and UK English.
- Improved performance for client startup, billboard display, game scan, and communication with NVIDIA servers.
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements.