How many of us go through the day without sending text messages? To many it is an important social activity, to many it’s a very large part of their day. I know some may go as far as to say that their messaging app is one of if not the most important features of a phone.
Sliding Messaging is the brainchild of XDA Forum Member klinkdawg, this is not a ad-on but a completely standalone app that will replace your stock app..
Obviously the function of Sliding Messaging is to send and receive text messages but the highly intuitive and customization With choice of Themes – light or dark, Quick reply dark theme, Title bar and colour, Quick page between conversations, Text size, Pop-Up reply, Open contact list on start-up LED colour selection, Ringtone, Delivery reports, Secure notifications, Wake screen, Mobile numbers only, Smilies displayed, Limit messages, Messages to load, Limit conversations, Load all messages, Enable emojis, Select signature.
Sliding Messaging allows you to slide between conversations by swiping left or right on the main screen. Swiping from the left edge of the screen displays all conversations, and swiping from the right edge presents a ‘new message’ screen.
– Easily switch between conversations by dragging out the sliding menu on the left side of the screen.
– Start a new conversation by sliding out the menu on the right side of the screen
– Manage old messages with a single click
– Choose between light and dark themes
– Limited MMS support (Pro version only)
– Emoji support
– Adjust text size and control notifications and theme though settings
– Quick reply popup
– Multi-window support for Galaxy Note
– Light Flow support
Permissions (Long list)
THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
- SERVICES THAT COST YOU MONEY
- SEND SMS MESSAGES
- Allows the app to send SMS messages. This may result in unexpected charges. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
- DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS
- Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn’t allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.
- YOUR MESSAGES
- READ YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)
- Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your tablet or SIM card. This allows the app to read all SMS messages, regardless of content or confidentiality. Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your phone or SIM card. This allows the app to read all SMS messages, regardless of content or confidentiality.
- EDIT YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)
- Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your tablet or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages. Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your phone or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.
- RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES (SMS)
- Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.
- RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES (MMS)
- Allows the app to receive and process MMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- READ YOUR CONTACTS
- Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your tablet, including the frequency with which you’ve called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge. Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your phone, including the frequency with which you’ve called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
- PHONE CALLS
- READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY
- Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
- MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR USB STORAGE MODIFY OR DELETE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR SD CARD
- Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.
- SYSTEM TOOLS
- RETRIEVE RUNNING APPS
- Allows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.
- PREVENT TABLET FROM SLEEPING PREVENT PHONE FROM SLEEPING
- Allows the app to prevent the tablet from going to sleep. Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
- DISABLE YOUR SCREEN LOCK
- Allows the app to disable the keylock and any associated password security. For example, the phone disables the keylock when receiving an incoming phone call, then re-enables the keylock when the call is finished.
- HARDWARE CONTROLS
- CONTROL VIBRATION
- Allows the app to control the vibrator.
- READ YOUR OWN CONTACT CARD
- Allows the app to read personal profile information stored on your device, such as your name and contact information. This means the app can identify you and may send your profile information to others.
- TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGE TEST ACCESS TO PROTECTED STORAGE
- Allows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices. Allows the app to test a permission for the SD card that will be available on future devices.
We emailed the dev and this is his reply:
I decided to create the application after stumbling upon the twitter client Falcon Pro and I loved the interface. I text a lot on my phone and decided that would be the best application to create using that type of menu system. Along the way, I had to teach myself how to do everything step-by-step and then ended up having to go back and change tons of features after learning how to do them a better way, but it was all a very worthwhile experience and has definitely paid off for me.
There is the pro version, just know that it is literally exactly the same except for about 2 lines to be able to enable MMS and a couple of strings describing MMS :)
Free and Paid (0.62p) versions.
Sliding Messaging, fun new minimal texting app. Is well developed, that offers an excellent user interface and highly customizable user experience. For more details go to the XDA page or, check it out on the play store page, (links below). It is very good, I would recommend this to anyone. Give the free version a go. The only difference between the two apps is that the free version doesn’t support MMS messages. One last thought, given that this is the first app by the developer, having to learn how to program I can only say well done and hope you don’t stop adding features or develop more apps.