Microsoft has just recently released and uploaded its “Windows Phone” app in the Windows 8 store. This app will take the place of the “Zune” app and function very similarly, but for Windows Phone 8 devices. This app is basically a wired synchronization tool to communicate between Windows 8 desktop and devices.
First you will only be able to do a minimal amount of features at the moment, but I’m sure Microsoft will be updating this Windows variant to the same level as it’s Mac variant, which does a whole lot more. You will be able to change such things like getting files from your computer/phone, sharing from either and backup files.
Here’s a full list of features:
- Get your music, photos, and videos from your computer to your phone (and vice versa).
- Quickly share things from your phone with Windows 8 apps (like Photos, or Search). You don’t even have to open the Windows Phone app to move things around.
- Automatically save photos and videos you take with your phone to your PC.
- See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
- Get to WindowsPhone.com to download apps, learn more about your phone, or find it if it’s lost.
Go to THIS LINK to download the app to your computer and enjoy!