The Android team have released a beta of the next version of the Android ADT and SDK, showing what will be arriving in the final version. If you’re a developer, you’ll want to read on to see what’s coming your way.
In the SDK only there’s some changes including
- Caching the repositories and disabling those you don’t want (such as the 3D extras).
- For NDK users you can now build and debug C/C++ code
- Fixes for Ant and other places
- More Android lint rules to help pick out mistakes in code easily.
- Much better performance
Those of you using the ADT for Eclipse, you’ll be getting some lovely features including
- New property editor, making it work well and much more professional
- Better performance for ADT
- Better XML editing.