It’s all rolling out now as we have another Ice Cream Sandwich Leak and this time it’s the Android Market itself.
DroidLife were handed “anonymously” the apk of the Android Market with build 3.2.0 which comes from the Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus. It’s not much of a change but just a few little minor UI changes and updates it seems.
Here are the instructions below on how to get the Android Market 3.2.0 and get it working.
Mediafire (DroidLife) – Phonesky.apk
Alternative – Phonesky.apk
*You can try to install this .apk over top of your current market, but it may not work. If it won’t, then you will need to be rooted and follow the instructions below.
1. Download the file from above (Phonesky.apk) to your SD card.
2. In Root Explorer, find the file you just downloaded and copy it.
3. Move into /system/app and hit the R/W button to mount – then paste the file.
4. Find Vending.apk and rename it to something like Vending.apk1.
5. Long press on Phonesky.apk and rename it to Vending.apk.
6. Afterwards, long press on it again and choose “Permissions.”
7. Change the permissions to this:
8. Press “OK”, reboot and enjoy the new market.